Thursday, April 18, 2013

Epiphany

So here's the thing. I rarely ever admit that I'm wrong, but tonight I'm admitting to you that I was wrong. No, I've stopped trying to reason with myself to hold you unaccountable for what you did and I won't ever begin to make excuses for your mistakes anymore. But this is me taking into account all the things I've done; realizing my share. I know how difficult it was to be with someone like me. Tonight I am admitting to you that I am damaged goods. And being damaged goods, our relationship burnt into flames from its (my) aftermath. We fought over everything. And everything we fought over makes me realize how foolish I was. Always being on your case for every single thing that happened. I suppose the damaged-goods part of me is to blame; insecurities and shit. I don't know why I made myself so dependant on you because having you out of my life made me realize how much I love having my space. If anything makes me happier than being with you, it's (at the same time) being given a breather (which I'm still trying to figure out how the two can co-exist). I just wish I had realized that earlier and maybe it would have saved our relationship. But maybe I don't want it to be saved. I don't know. All I do know is that I really miss you but I really miss working on myself (at the same time) and trying proving to myself that my good qualities can outweigh the mistake I've once made.

No comments:

Post a Comment