Sunday, November 28, 2010
Last Kiss: T.S
"I still remember the look on your face that lit through the darkness @ 1:58. The words that you whispered for just us to know. I do recall now the smell of the rain, fresh off the pavement that ran off the pane. That July 9th, the beat of your heart that jumps through your shirt. I can still feel your arms. Now I'll go and sit on the floor wearing your clothes. All that I know is I don't know how to be something you miss. I never thought we'd have our last kiss. Never imagined we'd end like this. Your name, forever the name on my lips.
I do remember the swing of your steps. The life of the party, you're showing off again. I roll my eyes and you pull me in. I'm not much for dancing, but for you I did. I love your handshake and you meeting my father. I love how you walk with your hands in your pockets. How you kissed me when I was in the middle of saying something. There's not a day I don't miss those rude interuptions.
Now I watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleep. Now I feel you forget me like I used to feel you breathe. I'll keep up with our old friends just to ask them how you are. Hope it's nice where you are."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment